Saturday 1 October 2016

Glass Houses: Harrogate Waterstones

On Saturday 8th October, 1-3pm, I'll be signing copies of Glass Houses at Waterstones in Harrogate and it would be lovely to see you there.

The event is part of the nationwide Waterstones Bookshop Day with quizzes and prize draws taking place around the store, not to mention the opportunity to try out the new Harrogate Waterstones café. Being somewhat of an Aficionado of Harrogate coffee shops, and purely for research purposes obviously, I have had a couple trips to the extensive café on the first floor where I secured one of the window seats over-looking the high street and the special offer cappuccino with toasted teacake. I can vouch for it being a quality experience, suitable for chatting or writing, and you know, surprisingly reasonable.

Apart from the relief of seeing friendly faces so that I don’t look like the girl who wandered into the store and fancied a sit down, it would be wonderful if we could fill the shop and really celebrate the traditional bookshop. It isn't that I'm averse to on-line sales or eBook reading. It's simply that I'd like both formats to travel hand in hand into the next few years so that those who want to browse in book shops, seek recommendations, read the blurb, flick to the middle pages and carry the book home in a cute little (environmentally friendly) paper bag, will still have the opportunity to do so. 

For further details, click here.


Hope to see you on Saturday – please come and say hello!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome. It's a little too far for me to travel, but I hope you have a wonderful, reader-filled shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annalisa, I really hope I manage to organise something nearer you one day. It would be so good to finally meet - and thank you personally for constantly reading my posts and diligently commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I really wish I could come, it sounds great fun. Hope you get lots of like minded book lovers to come and that they all buy loads of books but especially yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn :) And don't worry, I have you down for other venues...

      Delete
  3. I'm partial to writing in coffee shops, and favour the ones with good teacakes :o) I'm too far away to attend, but I hope you have a wonderful day and sell lots of books - and celebrating traditional bookshops is definitely a Good Thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! You can't beat a good teacake, even if you do risk a splodge of jam on the page... Sorry you can't join us but I'll keep you posted about venues in other places :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts and always respond :)