Friday 9 September 2011

My Name in the Credits

I have just peeled myself away from cloud nine to share my excitement at clicking on Christine Tyler’s wonderful blog, only to see my name in the list of credits J
I really enjoyed being part of the Sparkfest and am very happy that one of my posts hit enough of a chord to earn an honorary mention. Thanks Christine! Well done to all, I’ve copied over the list as I’m sure the blogs must be worth a look. I’m going there now…

Christine says: Sparkfest Interviewees!
Ready to find out who our future interviewees are? Interested in some of the entries that caught my eye? Here are some more of my favorite reads.
If you haven't read them already, you really should!

Shelly Brown--saw an author go through the throes of "phase one," and then witnessed their immense success. You'll never guess who it is...

Jackie Buxton--gained inspiration from real events and compassionate people...and some hypocritical ones

Ru--talks about Stephen King and some awesome philosophy on Amidala

Bess Weatherby--makes me wish I wrote about Tolkien.

Lisa Vooght--gives us the best story I've ever read about a book signing, and a sense of what we can achieve as authors and mentors.

Pocketful of Playdough--made me cry.

Bonnie Borrow--shares a story about her crush that I more-than-kind-of wish had happened to me.

Interview winners are:

1) Tyrean--makes me want to know more about "The Horse in the Well"

2) Mel Fowler--shows us the games we play with our sisters in the yard can grow up with us.
(Mel, you must be having a good week. That's 2/2.)

3) SB Stewart Laing--reads a book that makes his blood boil, so he writes a better one.

4) Dawn Hamsher--makes a Spark a prompt in itself. She also changes her life when a person helps her draw near to God in her writing.  

5) Emily Seuss--answers an ad for "someone kind of like Queen Latifah from that movie," and ends up in the middle of Nerdfighteria. If you know what that is, you are awesome. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I hear there's a problem with Blogger at the moment and people are having difficulty commenting. Apparently, it asks for your password and then you get stuck in a right old loop. If you are desperate to comment (yes please!), feel free to email me your comments and I'll paste them in. Email:jackieDOTbuxton35ATgmail.com. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me try. Wanted to say you chose a great list of blogs. And thanks for the visit at the Write Game. Appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Clee. And no need to thank, I enjoyed your posts.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, I think I may have sorted the comment problem. One of my settings wasn't allowing anonymous users to comment. Fingers crossed it's sorted...thanks for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I enjoyed reading some of the other blogs and will read the others when I have a moment free. All so different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lyn, glad you enjoyed some of the other blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts and always respond :)