Wednesday 1 March 2017

Phone in the Back

I'm not an evangelical do-gooder. I don't think my way is the only way to live. I don't even think my way is the best way to live (although it works for me).

But there is something I want to say.

After the research I did for Glass Houses, after thinking about both the lives of my characters and the stories of real people involved in life-changing incidents - victims and perpetrators, their friends and their families - I put my phone in the back of the car when I drive.

Because it takes a perfect storm for an accident to happen, and a perfect storm can happen to anyone, at any time, and without warning. And that perfect storm can change everybody's life forever.

The law is changing today. The punishments are harsher for using the phone while driving.

The greatest punishment however, is to kill someone from behind the wheel.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts and always respond :)